Create a Conversation from the Library
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Get Started
- Patient Channel
- Patient Facesheet
- Collaborative Inbox
- Lines & Resources Requests
- Lines, Events, Resources
- Platform Settings and Configuration
- Users and Groups
- SMS Basics
- Troubleshooting and FAQ
- Conversation Builder
- Release Notes
- Technical Specifications
Table of ContentsCopying the Conversation Template from the LibraryEdit the Copied Conversation's ConfigurationReview Root Message and Patient ResponsesAdd Actions and Follow Up MessagesSet Conversation to Running
We have put together a library of pre-built templates designed to get you up and running with Conversation Builder. It is as simple as choosing a template, updating the language (as needed), and determining how you would like to send it to your patients. This process is exclusive to Enterprise Users.
Copying the Conversation Template from the Library
- From the Navigation Bar, click the Autobot icon and choose Conversation Builder from the pop-out menu
- Select the Templates tab
- Use the (...) Actions menu and select View Conversation to preview a Conversation Template.
- Once you have completed your review, use the New from Template button and confirm that you would like to copy the Conversation Template into your environment:
- If the Conversation is successfully created within your Enterprise, you will be redirected to the Conversations List page where a green success message will appear. The copied Conversation will have 'copy' prepended to its name and can be modified to fit your needs:
Edit the Copied Conversation's Configuration
- Once the Conversation has been successfully copied, edit it to fit your needs. To do this, select the name of the Conversation by clicking its purple hyperlink:
- You will then be routed to the Builder view:
- Indicate the languages you would like to include in the Conversation by navigating to the Languages menu. English and Spanish are currently supported.
- Select the Settings tab:
Modify the copied Settings to suit your organization's needs by following the steps below. Be sure to save the Settings once complete:
- Conversation Name: Enter the display name for the Conversation as it will appear on the Conversations page. Copied templates will have the word 'Copy' prepended to the Conversation Name, feel free to remove this.
Smart Phrase: Create a custom Smart Phrase (without spaces) that will be used to trigger the Conversation. The same Smart Phrase can be used for SMS and Voice versions of the Conversation. Copied templates will have the word 'Copy' prepended to the Smart Phrase, feel free to remove this.
- For Conversations that include Event or Referral-based Smart Phrases, you must include either 'Event' or 'Referral' at the beginning of the trigger Smart Phrase
- Response Timeout in Minutes: Specify the time period that you would like the Conversation to be open to responses from the patient before the session is terminated. This value applies individually to each message sent.
- Description: Include a description of the intended Use Case and any relevant details you want to appear on the Conversations page.
- Communication Methods: Determine whether you would like to create an SMS/Text or Voice Conversation.
Review Root Message and Patient Responses
Next, let's review how to edit the associated messages and Patient Response options.
The first message placed beneath the dark teal Smart Phrase box is referred to as the Root Message. The Root Message kicks off the conversational workflow. From this message, you will add the branching scenarios based on Patient Responses.
- Select the Root Message from the diagram:
An Edit Message window will appear where you will be presented with the following fields to modify. Once completed, select Update. NOTE: When creating Conversations in Conversation Builder, the inclusion of Emojis are not supported throughout the build process.
- Internal Title: An internal-facing label associated with the Conversation to provide easier search and identification of Conversations
- Message Content: This is the first message (Root Message) the patient will receive. Be sure to include the ask of the patient and expected responses. If you are including a Spanish translation, be sure to insert the Spanish verbiage within the Spanish field.
Next, you will populate the Patient Responses based on the message. You will need to define one or more Patient Responses within your outbound message. These create the parameters for the patient's reply and allow you to define the proper branch of the Conversation the patient should receive next. Click Add Response.
Patient Input - Use the drop-down menu to select the response value. The following response options are available for selection:
- 0-10: In situations where the patient has more than two options, we recommend using numbers for the Patient Response options
- True, False
- Yes, No: In situations where the patient only has two response options, we often recommend choosing the Yes and No response options.
- Low, Medium, High
- Small, Large
- Unrecognized Response
- Internal Description - Enter the associated message you want to appear in the Patient Channel for your staff to review. These messages will help give context to staff when they are reviewing the Conversation history.
- Patient Input - Use the drop-down menu to select the response value. The following response options are available for selection:
- Once updated, the Conversation tree will reflect your updated Root Message and possible branches based on a patient's response
Add Actions and Follow-Up Messages
Continue building out the Conversation by adding messages and Actions to each of these patient responses. Actions can be added to individual Patient Responses to automate the appropriate next step that should be taken based on the patient's response. Each Patient Response can have up to 9 related actions allowing you to automate multiple actions with a single response. Click here to learn about the available system-defined actions.
- To add an Action to a Patient Response, hover over the Patient Response you wish to add an Action for and select the '+ Action' button that will appear:
- Select Add Action to choose the appropriate Action from the drop-down menu. The function of each Action is defined here:
- We can see here that an Action has been added to the Patient's Response:
- Continue reviewing and adding messages and actions based on the Patient Responses.
- Once all information has been entered and validated, select Save in the upper right corner to save the updated Conversation:
Set Conversation to Running
Similar to Automations, you will need to update the status of your copied Conversation from Paused to Running.
- Locate the Conversation in the Conversations List page. Use the (...) Actions menu to select Run Conversation:
- Your Conversation Status will update from Paused to Running:
- Finally, enable your Conversation by following these instructions to insert your Conversation's Smart Phrase into one of the patient outreach options.