Secure Messaging Portal
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Get Started
- Patient Channel
- Patient Facesheet
- Collaborative Inbox
- Lines & Resources Requests
- Lines, Events, Resources
- Platform Settings and Configuration
- Users and Groups
- SMS Basics
- Troubleshooting and FAQ
- Conversation Builder
- Release Notes
- Technical Specifications
Table of ContentsSign-In Security Patient-View Accessing a Secure Message 24-Hours After Delivery Patient Lock Out
This article discusses the patient's view when receiving a Secure Message from Artera. To learn about Secure Messages and how to send a Secure Message, click here.
Sign-In Security - Patient View
- When the patient receives a message containing a Secure Link, they must complete the verification process to view the information.
Depending on your Default Settings, the patient will verify their identity with one of the options listed here.
- Once they have verified their information, the patient will be taken to the main message page where they can read and respond to the message, if necessary.
Accessing a Secure Message 24-hours after Delivery
Patients who access a Secure Message link 24+ hours after its been sent to them will be required to enter in a 5-digit confirmation code that is delivered to their mobile device, in addition to their verification information. This same workflow will occur when a patient attempts to access an older Secure Message after a new Secure Message link has been delivered to them.
- The patient receives a message containing a Secure Link, but waits 24+ hours to access the message.
- The patient clicks on the link and is routed to the Patient Sign In page. Here, they are asked to enter in their 10-digit phone number to receive a confirmation code.
- The patient is sent a 5-digit confirmation code to their mobile device.
- Patient enters in the 5-digit confirmation code sent to their mobile device.
- Patient is asked to verify their identity with the options listed here, based on your Default Settings.
- Patient will then be routed to the message that was sent to them.
Note: The label displayed to the patient at the top of the message page is the name of the Line used to deliver the message. To edit how this displays to patients, edit the Line Name.