Creating User Groups
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Get Started
- Patient Channel
- Patient Facesheet
- Collaborative Inbox
- Lines & Resources Requests
- Lines, Events, Resources
- Platform Settings and Configuration
- Users and Groups
- SMS Basics
- Troubleshooting and FAQ
- Conversation Builder
- Release Notes
- Technical Specifications
User Groups and Enterprise User Groups allow you to tag relevant groups of people using the Internal Messages functionality in Patient Channels. These two types of User Groups have slightly different functionality:
This article discusses User Groups. Click here to learn about Enterprise User Groups.
Create a User Group
- Ensure the correct Practice is selected, then open the Settings menu.
- Navigate to Practice Settings > User Groups.
Click Create a Practice Group.
- Add a Name and Description. The name of the Group is important as this is what will be used to tag the Group in an Internal Mention.
Use the Members drop-down to select the Staff and Manager Users that should receive the Mention when the Group is tagged.
- The users do not need to have access to the Line where they are mentioned, being part of the Group temporarily grants them access to the Patient Channel to resolve the Mention.
- Click Next, review the Group details, and click Save.
Edit/Disable a User Group
- Edit: You can edit the Group details including membership from the Practice tab of the User Groups page. Use the (...) menu to select Edit User Group.
- Disable: You can disable the Group to prevent it from being mentioned in the Practice. Use the (...) menu to select Disable User Group. Note: User Groups cannot be deleted, only disabled.
Mentioning and Alerts
Mentioning User Groups
- Patient Channel: User Groups can be mentioned directly from the Patient Channel using the @Internal tab and using @ + the name of the User Group.
- Inbound Automations: User Groups can also be mentioned as an action from an Inbound Message Automation.
Open Mention Alerts
When the User Group is mentioned, all group members receive an alert in their Internal Messages view and the Patient Channel appears in the @ Open Mentions section with a pending status.
Once the patient is worked/resolved, the group member can update the Channel Status to Close & Resolve My Mentions. This automatically resolves the alert for all the group members.