Enterprise User Groups
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Get Started
- Patient Channel
- Patient Facesheet
- Collaborative Inbox
- Lines & Resources Requests
- Lines, Events, Resources
- Platform Settings and Configuration
- Users and Groups
- SMS Basics
- Troubleshooting and FAQ
- Conversation Builder
- Release Notes
- Technical Specifications
Table of ContentsCreate an Enterprise User Group Edit/Disable an Enterprise User Group Mentioning and AlertsMentions Reporting
User Groups and Enterprise User Groups allow you to tag relevant groups of people using the Internal Messages functionality in Patient Channels. These two types of User Groups have slightly different functionality:
This article discusses Enterprise User Groups. Click here to learn about User Groups.
Create an Enterprise User Group
- Open the Settings menu.
- Navigate to Enterprise Settings > Enterprise Groups.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click + Add New Enterprise Group.
- Add a Name and Description. The name of the group is important as this is what will be used to tag the group in an Internal Mention.
Use the Practices drop-down to select all Practices that can use this Enterprise User Group.
- You must choose at least one Practice or the Enterprise Group will not be available for use (even for users with a single Practice configuration).
- Search for Users that should receive the Mention when the Enterprise Group is tagged. These can be Staff, Manager, or Enterprise User Types. The users do not need to have access to the Practice where they are mentioned, being part of the Enterprise Group temporarily grants them access to the Patient Channel to resolve the Mention.
Notification Preference: You can enable the user to receive a Text or Email notification of the Mention in addition to receiving an alert in their Mentions view.
- Resolving a Mention will not send another alert to the Enterprise Group indicating the task has been completed.
Edit/Disable an Enterprise User Group
- Edit: You can edit the Enterprise Group's details including name, membership, notification options, and Practice availability. Use the (...) menu to select Edit Enterprise User Group.
- Disable: You can disable the Enterprise Group to prevent it from being mentioned. Use the (...) menu to select Disable Enterprise User Group. Note: Enterprise User Groups cannot be deleted, only disabled.
Mentioning and Alerts
Let's review how to Mention Enterprise User Groups, resolve Mention Alerts, and Mentions Reporting.
Mentioning Enterprise User Groups
- Patient Channel: Enterprise User Groups can be mentioned directly from the Patient Channel using the @Internal tab and using @ + the name of the Enterprise User Group. Note: The Enterprise Group is only available for use within Practices chosen in the settings.
- Inbound Automations: Enterprise User Groups can also be mentioned as an action from an Inbound Message Automation. Note: The Enterprise Group is only available for use within Practices chosen in the settings.
Conversation Builder Conversations: You can set up an Add @Mention and Message action within a Conversation that will mention an Enterprise User Group.
Open Mention Alerts
When the Enterprise User Group is mentioned, all Enterprise Group members receive an alert in their Internal Mentions view and the Patient Channel appears in the @ Open Mentions section with a Pending status. Note: If you do not normally have access to the Patient's Channel, the tagged conversations will only appear in your Internal Mentions view.
Staff and Manager Users
Once the Internal Mention is worked/resolved, the Enterprise Group member can update the Channel Status to Close & Resolve My Mentions. This automatically resolves the alert for all the Enterprise Group members. Note: Resolving the Mention will not send another alert to the Enterprise Group indicating the task has been completed.
Enterprise Users will see a Close & Resolve All Mentions options within a channel. This will close all unresolved Mentions in the channel for all groups and individual users who may have been mentioned.
Alternatively, Enterprise Users may prefer to resolve the Mention from the specific message, to prevent accidentally closing unworked mentions in the channel. Click the (...) menu, select the Group Name, and click Resolve Mention.
Enterprise User Groups can be mentioned from all Practices within an Enterprise that are selected when creating or editing the Enterprise Group. Although the Enterprise Group contains multiple users, Enterprise Groups are counted as one single user within the context of Mentions Reporting in Analytics. Therefore, using Enterprise User Groups may impact the accuracy of Mentions reports which track the number of unique senders, as the Enterprise Group itself is one unique sender, regardless of the member count.